Disenroll From Brand New Day
Information Last Updated: 10/12/2018
Brand New Day
You are now leaving the Brand New Day website. Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
Brand New Day
You are leaving Brand New Day's website and going to a different webpage.
Do you wish to continue?
You have a right to disenroll and end your membership from Brand New Day at the following times of the year:
- During the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) from October 15th – December 7th
- During the Annual Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period from January 1st – March 31st. If you disenroll during this period, you will return to Original Medicare the first day of the following month.
- You can end your membership under certain situations this is called a Special Election Period (SEP). You’re awarded an SEP:
- If you move out of the plan’s service area
- If your plan is no longer available (stops existing)
- If you lose or gain Medi-Cal (Medicaid) coverage
- If you are diagnosed with a serious chronic condition which qualifies you for a Chronic Care Special Needs Plan (C-SNP)
- If you are getting care in an institution such as a nursing home or a long term care hospital
- If you enroll in the Programs of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
*Remember to enroll in a Part D plan so you do not lose your prescription drug coverage when you disenroll from Brand New Day.
How can I end my membership to Brand New Day?
Medicare allows you to end your membership (disenroll) by doing the following:
- Enroll in another Medicare plan during an enrollment period
- Call Brand New Day Member Services and we can send a form to you if you prefer at your request.
- Contact Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227); TTY users call 1-877-486-2048
Until your membership ends…
It may take some time before your membership ends and your new Medicare coverage begins. During this time, you must continue to get your medical care and prescription drugs through Brand New Day.
If you happen to be admitted to the hospital on the day that your membership ends, your hospital stay may be covered by Brand New Day until you are discharged. Please speak to your doctor to let them know there may be a short delay in updating your records if they need to send Medicare claims, since you recently disenrolled from Brand New Day.