The Brand New Day Medication Therapy Management Program at no cost to you and is offered to members who have a number of high-cost prescription drugs and medical conditions. You qualify for the Medication Therapy Management Program if you spend more than nine hundred seventy-nine dollars and seventy-five cents ($979.75) on your medications in one three-month period (quarter), have a minimum of two of the following chronic diseases:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes (high blood sugar)
- Dyslipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Prescribed a minimum of seven medications.
You will be invited to participate in this program designed for your specific health and pharmacy needs. You may decide not to participate, but it is recommended that you take full advantage of this covered service if you qualify and are asked to participate.
Comprehensive Medication Review
You will be offered the opportunity to have a Comprehensive Medication Review with your doctor, a nurse, a pharmacist, or another qualified provider.
The provider will help you develop a Medication Action Plan to:
- Ensure you are being prescribed the best medications for your condition(s).
- Help you understand the best way to take the medications for the desired results.
- Discuss possible ways to reduce your costs for prescription drugs.
Prescription Drug List
Brand New Day will also send a list of your current medications to carry with you and share with your doctors during office visits, at an urgent care, or at the hospital if you need to go there.
Medicare’s Website About Medication Therapy Management
Medicare has a page on its website about Medication Therapy Management.