Your Right to Stay Enrolled in Brand New Day
Brand New Day and its providers cannot ask you to leave our plan for any reason.
Your Right to File a Complaint
If you feel that you are being asked to leave our plan because of a health-related reason, you may call our Compliance Hotline to file a “grievance,” at 866-255-4795 and ask for the Compliance Department. TTY users may dial 866-321-5955. If you prefer, you may call 1-800-MEDICARE and complain. TTY users should call 877-486-2048.
When can you end your membership in our Plan?
Medicare allows you to end your membership in our plan at the following times of the year:
- You can end your membership (disenroll) during the Annual Enrollment Period (from October 15th – December 7th each year).
- You can also end your membership during the annual Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (MADP), between January 1st and February 14th, annually. If you disenroll at this time your choices are more limited, you can only enroll in Original Medicare and a Part D Plan.
- You can end your membership in certain situations during a Special Election Period (SEP). You are awarded an SEP:
- If you move out of the plan’s service area
- If you have Medi-Cal
- If we violate our contract with you
- If you are getting care in an institution (such as a nursing home or long term care hospital)
- If you enroll in the Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
- If your plan ceases to exist
- If you are diagnosed with a serious chronic condition which qualifies you for a Chronic Care Special Needs Plan.
How can you end your membership in our Plan?
Medicare allows you to end your membership by doing the following:
- Enroll in another Medicare plan during an enrollment period
- Make a request in writing to Brand New Day. We can send a form to you if you prefer. Call Member Services at 1-866-255-4795; TTY users dial 1-866-321-5955 for more information about disenrolling / ending your membership
- Contact Medicare at 1-800-633-4227; TTY users call 1-877-486-2048
Remember to enroll in a Part D plan so you do not lose your drug coverage when you disenroll from Brand New Day.
Until Your Membership Ends . . .
Sometimes it takes some time before your membership ends and your new Medicare coverage begins. During this time you must continue to get your medical care and prescription drugs through Brand New Day (or you may pay out of your pocket).