Out-of-Network Coverage Rules
Information Last Updated: 11/13/2018
Brand New Day
You are now leaving the Brand New Day website. Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
Brand New Day
You are leaving Brand New Day's website and going to a different webpage.
Do you wish to continue?
First See Your Primary Care Physician
With limited exceptions, while you are a member of our plan you must use network providers to get your medical care and services. Most of your care may likely be performed by your Primary Care Physician (PCP). When you need other services like seeing a specialist, getting tests, or getting surgical procedures, your PCP will request those services in advance and get approval so the health plan will pay for all or much of the costs.
Exceptions for Getting Out-of-Area Emergency Services
There are some exceptions when Brand New Day covers out-of-area services:
- Emergencies when you are temporarily out of the service area
- Urgently needed care when you are temporarily out of the service area
- Out-of-area dialysis services (please notify us in advance and we will help arrange for those services)
Exceptions for Getting Out-of-Area Specialty Services
If you need a specialist that is not in your local contracting network, Brand New Day will arrange for services with a non-contracting specialist to ensure there is no delay in getting you the care you need. These services need to be arranged in advance.
When Would I Be Responsible for Paying the Full Cost of Services?
- If you did not get advanced written approval or an authorization and obtained services from a non-contracted provider
- If you did not get advance written approval/authorization for specialty services
- If you did not get advanced written approval or an authorization and obtained services out of the service area
For Help in Obtaining Approval or Authorizations:
- See your PCP first, if possible, and request for an authorization for the services you need.
- If you're unable to schedule an appointment, call Brand New Day and request an authorization:
Member Services Department Contact Information
||1-866-255-4796; TTY 711
|Hours of Operation:
||Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. from April 1 - September 30
7 days a week, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. from October 1 - March 31
||Brand New Day
Attn: Utilization Management Department
P.O. Box 93122
Long Beach, CA 90809
Please refer to Chapter 3 your Evidence of Coverage for full information on out-of-network medical coverage.